Notice of Privacy Practices
- THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. REVIEW IT CAREFULLY. THE PRIVACY OF YOUR MEDICAL AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
Harmony is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of your medical and financial information, which we refer to as your “personal information,” regardless of format: oral, written, or electronic. This Notice of Privacy Practices informs you about how we may collect, use and disclose your personal information and your rights regarding that information.
The start date of this Notice is June 1, 2022. It will remain in effect until we replace it. This Notice pertains to you and your covered dependents. Share it with your covered dependents.
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under both the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, At Home Harmony At Home must take measures to protect the privacy of your personal information. In addition, other state and federal privacy laws may provide additional privacy protection. Examples of your personal information include your name, Social Security number, address, telephone number, account number, employment, medical history, health records, and claims information.
We are required by law to:
- protect the privacy of your personal information;
- provide this Notice explaining our duties and privacy practices regarding your personal information;
- notify you following a breach of your unsecured personal information; and
- abide by the terms of this Notice.
HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect most of your personal information directly from you. By submitting an application for coverage with us or being our member, we may also obtain your personal information from third parties without your specific authorization. These third parties may include producers, employers, health care providers, other health plans or insurers, and state and federal agencies.
HOW WE MAY USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose your personal information without your specific authorization for the described purposes. For other purposes, we will request your specific authorization in writing, which you may grant or reject. If granted, you can revoke the authorization at any time by letting us know in writing.